Saturday, March 20, 2010

Pink things and Spring Break

At the end of February, I flew to OKC by myself for a girl's weekend. Henderson Hills (our previous church in Edmond) was having a ladies' retreat. It was so fun to see my friends and to spend time with them without kiddos! We stayed in a hotel one night. Christy & Lauren took me to Cinnamon Bears, a baby boutique, and I bought several things for our baby (a baby book, head bands, and a swaddle blanket). On Saturday they gave me a surprise shower lunch at one of my favorite places in Edmond--Inspirations Tea Room. We had so much fun that I totally forgot to take pictures at lunch! I did take pics of all the cute girl things, though!

Christy Capucille and I are expecting baby girls just one week apart! So fun!!!
Me, Christy, & Lauren

My mom & Aunt Nancy came to see us for a few days during their spring break, and while Philip was out of town. We did all kinds of things--shopped, went to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in CO SPrings, played at the Focus on the Family kids place, made cookies, etc.


I've not been very good at taking pics lately. I'm trying to get the baby room looking a little more girlie--making things to hang on the wall, and such. My mom is going to make a curtain today that is out of a floral print that coordinates with the bedding I have. I have also been making flower clips for baby A (like some I saw at Cinnamon Bears for $8 each). They actually have turned out really well. Mom and I are also going to spend today shopping without Carter, if the roads aren't snow-covered!

I've also been going through all of Carter's baby clothes to get rid of some of them--I'm giving some to Philip's sister who is expecting a boy any day, and consigning some to make some cash!

No comments:

Post a Comment