A few days later, Philip's mom, grandma, sister, and nephew came to visit for a few days. We got all the baby stuff ready for Kavan to use. Carter loved trying out everything.
Unfortunately, the weather wasn't very nice while they were here, but we still managed to have a good time. We went to the Celestial Seasonings factory in Boulder, shopped the outlets, and just enjoyed each other's company. Carter LOVED baby Kavan. I really think he'll be a great brother (I know everyone says this, but he truly loves babies).

Carter came down with some type of weird and persistent stomach bug the last few days of their stay. I was so worried we would've passed it on to someone, but so far no one has become sick. He was such a trooper while sick and was still very polite and sweet. It wasn't until he felt better that he became a monster--I guess he thought we should still be waiting on him hand a foot! The good thing was that Carter is old enough to recognize he's going to be sick, and make it to a trash can or toilet. Poor guy!
We launched a rocket that Philip and Carter built. At this point, Carter still wasn't completely well, but he thought it was fun anyway. Actually, every kid at the park enjoyed it, and loved chasing it to see who could catch it when it landed.

Well, I thought I was about finished with the baby room. I went in yesterday to put a few more things away, and noticed the carpet was damp. I had been smelling a musty/sour smell since the day before, but not sure what it was. Well, evidently our washing machine leaked and flooded the baby room. So, before we had to move everything and pull up the carpet, I snapped a few pictures. Please don't judge the white walls. I HATE white walls. We are renting this house, and it didn't seem worth it to me to paint, just to have to paint white back again. So, we're making do. I'm using the same bedding that I used with Carter (I still love it). My mom made curtains out of a floral fabric that is in the same collection as the other fabric.
A very creative friend of mine made this. If you look really close, you can see that it's actually Psalm 134:13-15. I LOVE IT!
I had this scripture custom made from a lady on Etsy. It's a blessing that we pray over Carter every night before bed, and will do the same with Anna.
Hopefully the room will look like this again soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment