Yes, this is us roasting hot dogs in our backyard. It's fun, you should try it!
This is me with straight hair. It's a rare occasion that you see this. I got my hair cut and the stylist did this for me.In early April, we went to Claremore to see our newest nephew, Kavan. He was born March 23 and we were very excited to meet him.

Like every time we visit Oklahoma, our time was precious and we tried to do and see as much as possible. We had dinner with Philip's whole family, saw Kavan a few times, had a picnic at the lake with both of our families, had family pictures taken, saw a few friends, visited my Granny in Muskogee, and ate too much food!!! My Granny has not been doing well for the last year. I wasn't sure when I would get the chance to see her again, so I made a point to spend an afternoon visiting Muskogee. I am SO GLAD I did, as she passed away just a few weeks later (which led to another whirlwind trip to OK).
Cousins:

4 Boys!!!! Anna is going to have to try to keep up with these guys.

Uncle Seth is showing Carter how to fish. He lasted all of 5 minutes, maybe.My dad got a new little calf. Carter named him "Mooey." My dad now has 3 (Big Moo, Little Moo, and Mooey). Carter wasn't sure what to think at first, but by the end of the week, looked forward to helping my dad feed them.


We got back from Claremore (our first trip in April) on April 15. ON the 17th, I went with the Ladies' Newcomers group from our church to Colorado Springs. We had lunch, toured the Glen Eyrie castle, had an English tea at the castle, and toured the Focus on the Family center.
The next day(the 18th), the women from our Sunday School class hosted a shower for me and another woman in our class who was also expecting her 2nd child. I was overwhelmed with their thoughtfulness and generosity!!! Anna got several cute outfits, and LOTS of diapers and wipes.

Philip and I went to a Nuggets basketball game a few weeks ago with 2 of his sales reps and their spouses (he held a contest and took the winners to the game). We had club level seats and had an AMAZING dinner there. It was seriously one of the best meals I've had in a LONG time. It kind of reminded me of a cruise, with different tables set up with different types of food.
The day after the game, we left early in the morning to drive back to OK for my Granny's funeral. We drove all day, and the funeral was the next day (Friday, the 30th). It was a great day to celebrate the life of my Granny and to see our extended family. We started driving back to CO Saturday evening, stayed the night in Wichita, and drove the rest of the way on Sunday. My mom decided to come back with us to help me do the last minute things to get ready for Anna. She just flew home today. Unfortunately, she got some type of stomach virus and was sick Sunday & Monday. We still were able to paint the baby bed, shop, and (almost) finish decorating Anna's room.
Sunday evening, we took Carter to a sibling class at the hospital where I'm going to deliver. He learned how to hold a baby and about what babies do (and don't do). We toured the birth place.

Thursday, my mom stayed with Carter and Philip and I went to the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs. It's a 5-star resort and is BEAUTIFUL. Philip booked me an afternoon at the spa (serenity shower, prenatal massage, facial, and manicure). What a great day it was!!!! We stayed the night and enjoyed the getaway. It's been over a year since we've been away from Carter together, and we figured it might be a while before we are able to do it again with a new baby coming. So, we took advantage of my mom being here!


This morning after dropping my mom off at the airport, we went to a Bar Mitzpha (spelling?) for the son of one of Philip's sales reps. It was interesting. We are definitely getting to know more about the Jewish religion while here.
It snowed here a few weeks ago--this is crazy. At least it melted quickly!

My doctor has been concerned about the size of our baby. My uterus is measuring a bit small and so she's having me get an ultrasound every 3 weeks to make sure she's still growing. So far everything is totally fine. I tried to tell her that I must just have small kids, but she wants to be cautious.
This is Carter reading a book to his "friends." He would read the page, then turn the book around so his "friends" could see it. He pretends his friends play with him a lot. They aren't really imaginary friends, as they are friends he really has. He just imagines Grant, Griffin, Ethan, and Noah are playing with him.

Philip took Carter fishing on Monday and I took lunch to them.

Philip got a new/used mower today and Carter had to "help".
And, last but not least, this is me today. I'm a little over 34 weeks pregnant. That fact scares me a bit, as I still have several things I need to accomplish before this baby comes. At this point, I'm really hoping she's not early!

I love your sweet family and you look beautiful!
ReplyDeleteCal!!! What a GREAT update! THANKS!!!!!! I feel like I kind of know what's been going on with you! :) You hair looked amazing straight! (It's also looks amazing curly, too! But I forgot what your hair looked like straight. It's cute!) And I think that's great that your mom came to help you do some stuff. She's so great! What a fun getaway for you and Philip. It looked gorgeous! Thanks for the post! I LOVE seeing pics of you guys and what's going on in CO! Talk to you soon...
ReplyDelete